Tuesday, July 31, 2007

10 things I'm loving right now

1. 29ºC weather. Sunny. Fabulous. (Sorry to any of you pregnant folk - I know you are probably groaning right now.)

2. Looking forward to the long weekend to be spent with good friends and children at lakeside summer home. Sand, swimming, BBQ, patios, ice cream - all in the best company? Heaven!

3. Sleeping through the night. Shhh... Don't want to offend Cuba.

4.
Craigslist. $100 toy? Nope, $30. And perfect for those wishing to reduce their impact on the earth - recycle those toys and underused baby gear!

5. Harry Potter. Despite this post, I was quite pleased by the final book, which drew on all previous novels,tied up loose ends, and yet still nicely managed to develop characters more fully (complete with moral failings) despite all the action. I particularly like that she wrote in shades of gray. Well done Ms. Rowling.

6. Summer Ontario produce. Is there anything better than a juicy peach? Or ripe tomatoes? Or farm-fresh corn, freshly shucked?

7. Reading critically, as part of this book club. Although I'm not loving the novel, the chance to resurrect my brain from the mush that it was during my pregnancy and post-partum has been fantastic.

8. Hats. Specifically, hats on the Peanut. Like this one:

To be filed during the teenage years under "Mom, what the hell were you thinking?"

9. Restaurant patios. The Peanut doesn't really enjoy the indoor restaurants so much, but will spend hours outside, allowing us some precious dinners out.

10. Joining the blogosphere... Whatever took me so long?


6 comments:

nomotherearth said...

I like the heat, but it's making getting any kind of exercise just torture. My pregnant butt is growing waay too large.

Yes to the peaches, corn and tomatoes. Yes!

Jonathon Morgan said...

Ha -- that's what I felt like when I came BACK to blogging. What the hell was I doing staying away?

thirtysomething said...

That hat is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life!

kittenpie said...

I love sunny posts like this!

metro mama said...

Hi! Glad I found you. Welcome to the blogosphere. I think we have a lot in common!

Jennifer said...

Knowing that I'm helping you ressurect anything from the post-partum world makes me pleased as punch!

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness