Monday, August 20, 2007

And now for something completely different...

These are books I have recently finished:




And these are a sampling of the books in my upcoming "to be read" pile:




However, this is the book I started this morning:



It is not academic, it is not highbrow and it is most definitely not award-winning literature. What it is is a 1,000+ page piece of sexy, frothy, delicious escapism as can only be written by a Brit. It's my sinful little book-lover secret that, while I love good literature and non-fiction, I also adore a ridiculously trashy romp through the pages.

So, 'fess up. What's your night-table (reading, ahem) secret?

4 comments:

Alison said...

Well, I think you already know mine, but if the stack of Terry Pratchett on my nighttable that I've been re-reading doesn't give me away... Of course, with that kind of thing, I can always say all sorts of terribly insightful things about satire and social commentary, but really, I just like them because they make me laugh out loud.

But I also really loved The Shadow of the Wind.

nomotherearth said...

Loved Shadow of the Wind and The Golden Compass. I'm reading Middlesex right now, but I'm itching to read Stardust.

Jennifer said...

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is incredible!

bubandpie said...

Reading Like a Writer is on my pile of to-be-reads as well. I think maybe I already DO read like a writer, but I'll be interested to see what it's all about.

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness