Thursday, August 30, 2007

Celebration!

We're doing a bit of celebrating around here at Casa Babbler.

Pull up a chair, pour yourself a martini, grab a slice of cake and join in my celebration.

This past Monday we went to the bank. While that does not normally inspire joy, celebration and happiness, this past Monday was different. On this particular trip to the bank, I paid off my student loans.

Five years early.

Excuse me while I take a moment to savour that.

We paid it off the old fashioned way with saved money, bonuses, a bit from here, a bit from there. A 5-digit figure, paid off in one trip to the bank.

No more monthly payments. No more interest. A huge chunk of money that will remain in our bank account each month.

And did I mention that this means I can stay home from work for another year? But that's a whole other post!


10 comments:

my minivan is faster than yours said...

Yay for you! Another year of consistent blogging, that's the way I'd look at it!

nomotherearth said...

Doesn't it feel great? Congrats!

metro mama said...

Congratulations!!! Fabulous news.

Kristen said...

That is so amazing! Congrats!

bubandpie said...

After three years of law school for hubby, how I long for the day... Sigh.

b*babbler said...

Thanks all!

bubandpie - I had always planned to go to law school, but with the cost of it, my already massive debt load, and most importantly my then-fiance-now-husband starting his own business, something had to give. Unfortunately it was law school... Pfft.

Haley-O said...

Woowooowowooooo! Congratulations!!!!!!! You HAVE to celebrate!

Denguy said...

Wa-hoo! For paying of the student loans, and even better that you get to stay home.
Congrats!

kittenpie said...

That feels so damn good, doesn't it? I remember being totally paranoid that somehow they would not have gotten written off with that last payment and haunt me later. I must have called tehm six times to make sure there was no balance.

Jennifer said...

You lucky dog! We will be paying off my master's degree a year from now, one payment at a time.

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness