Friday, August 10, 2007

The great exposé

HBM exposed hers first.

Then K-girl went. Before you know it, everyone was exposing themselves.

Err... their bags I mean.


I've never been a "purse" girl, having always preferred the messenger bag. Purses just don't have enough room for the important things, like books, magazines and more books. Right now I'm in the diaper bag zone, so I just cram it all in as best I can.

The bag:
And the contents:

TOP ROW:
1) Sassy baby rattle.
2) Closeable hairbrush - otherwise I find my headphones get wrapped up in it.
3) Coupon for $1.50 off Pampers.
4) Prescription migraine medication - 3/4 gone.
5) Cell phone - almost always dead since I can't seem to remember to charge it.
6) Peanut's Old Navy cardigan.

MIDDLE ROW:
7) Current book - Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, 1/2 finished. Really enjoying this!
8) Wallet by Espe (no animal products!)
9) Mum-Mum biscuits - 2 packages. Keeps the Peanut meltdown free in public settings.
10) Keys
11) One-Step sanitizing wipes.
12) Purell, "purse" size.
13) Tic-Tacs, orange flavour.
14) Mam soother and soother clip. Not sure why I carry this, as the Peanut only used a soother for 3 weeks, and gave it up in the course of a single evening (long before I was prepared for her to give it up!)
15) Tide To Go x 2. No idea why I have 2 of these in my bag, but I do...
16) Sunglasses - cheapie pair as I'm always losing or breaking them.
17) Headphones. Rarely used these days and all tangled up.

LAST ROW:

18) Washclothes x 2
19) Pampers diaper size 2.
20) iPod - fully loaded with 50 GB of music 'cause I'm too lazy to change it up. Everything from Bach to lullabies, Eminem to Sarah McLachlan, Cat Stevens to... well, you get the idea.
21) Wipes
22) Burt's Bees diaper cream.

Doing this I realized that, though my bag is packed, I'm still missing things. My pens and notebook are missing, and all my lip balms (I normally carry 2-3 different varieties. Where have they gone?!)

So, wanna expose yourself?

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I love this bag thing though I am SO not participating ... you don't wanna see what's in my bag :)

nomotherearth said...

Shadow of the Wind was great! I forced Mr Earth to read it and he loved it too.

Jennifer said...

I cannot tell you how hard I laughed to see all the baby stuff! Allison is officially potty trained now and I can thankfully leave home without such items - but how I remember those days! I remember how my co-worker asked me if I had bladder control issues when, while rummaging through my bag, I was holding a Pull-Up in my hand. What a fun idea! I'll have to follow up when I resurrect my family/personal issue blogs.

kittenpie said...

Heh. Uncharged cell? Check. I eventually gave it up because there was no point in having it.

MP3s never changed or reloaded? Check. Eventually stopped carrying it because there was no point in having it.

God, I am a lazy bugger. (Er, no, just have bigger fish to fry? Yeah, that's it!) I'm so glad it's not just me!

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness