Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Using my muscles this weekend

A little while ago Her Bad Mother put out the call. Many of you have read Tanner's story before, and there has been great generosity shown by the blogging community.

This Sunday is the 5K Charity Challenge Walk as part of the Waterfront Marathon. I'll be lacing on my shiny white freshly broken in runners, tossing on some workout wear (do I have workout wear?) and getting up at a ridiculously ungodly hour. And I'll be overcoming my fear of meeting new people (are they really new people when you've been reading their thoughts and lives for years? things to ponder...) to show my support alongside Her Bad Mother and others for Tanner and the many others afflicted by Muscular Dystrophy.

So, now I call upon all you good and kind readers. Go on over and read Tanner's story and leave him good wishes, thoughts and cheers. If you can't walk with us, you can head on over here to pledge HBM and help her meet her goal. (If you prefer, you can e-mail me for my pledge information.) I'll be there this weekend, using my poor, under-used muscles, and being grateful for the pain.

It's the very least I can do.

7 comments:

kgirl said...

Good on ya. I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

slouching mom said...

You ROCK!

I live nowhere near Toronto, but I did make a pledge.

I hope it's wonderful day for everyone, and most of all, I hope that Tanner will benefit from the research.

nomotherearth said...

Hey - I wanted to join the walk - but forgot all about it. I will have to try emailing HBM again. Hope I can make it Sunday too.

Aliki2006 said...

You do rock--I wish I could join in! Good for you...

ewe are here said...

Good for you! Hope you have a fantastic walk!

Beck said...

Excellent! Raise LOTS of money!

Naomi (Urban Mummy) said...

That's awesome! Good luck!

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness