Monday, October 1, 2007

Shiny! New! MacBook!

Apparently I pissed off my crappy old Averatec PC by speaking poorly of it, because mere hours after I posted about the destruction of my trusty old Powerbook, the PC crapped out. The battery had already long since gone on it, so it was only useful with the power adapter. Unfortunately, the connector on the inside of the laptop started to fail, so that only by holding the cord at the right angle would the computer work. That'll teach me to bad mouth my computer (and oh, indignity of indignities, by typing those insults on its very keyboard!)

Mr Babbler - wonderful husband that he is - corrected the situation almost immediately. On Saturday he purchased me this:

Isn't it a thing of beauty?

Whee! It's so fast, and shiny, and most importantly, it works. I think I'm in loooove. What a wonderful husband. I may just keep him!

And, since I've recently found out its National Blog Posting Month, I now have no excuse not to post every day.

Now, because I seem to have a serious case of the Monday Malaise, I'm going to return to watching season one of Dexter, a delightfully creepy show that I love for its examination of right/wrong/justice and the law. I'm hoping to catch up so that Mr Babbler and I can watch season two together.

8 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

Is it National Blog posting month? I didn't know, either.

I am coveting your new laptop--I want one!

Jennifer said...

Ooh, it is pretty. Lucky you!

Roz said...

jealoussssss!

you deserve it :)

Kellan Rhodes said...

It is "a thing of beauty".

ewe are here said...

Puuurrrty!

Alley Cat said...

Use it well!

BTW, it was very nice to meet you on Sunday.

NotSoSage said...

Oh, Dexter. Deliciously morally ambiguous. That's a good way to take your mind off the illness. No?

painted maypole said...

actually Nov is NaBloPoMo. But I am jealous. I want a laptop. I will not be getting one. I am poor.

sad sad me.

Ok, enough about me...

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness