Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Introducing...

So, this "introduction" has been sitting in my drafts folder for, oh, a month and a half. (Hey, it's still interesting now, right? Your readers are no longer inundated with introduction posts, right? It's an easy post to read during the crazy insane halcyon days of NaBloPoMo, right right right?) I thought I'd pull it out today, as I seem unable to pull together a coherent thought these days. Lots of posts rolling around in my head, but they just aren't coming together. So, instead I give you this:

1. Who is your man?

Mr. Babbler.

2. How long have you been together?
10 years together, 5 years married.

3. How long did you date?
10 - 5 = 5

4. How old is your man?
355 days younger than me. He's the first younger man I ever dated. Apparently that must have been what I was doing wrong before.

5. Who eats more?
Most of the time, I would say he does.

6. Who said "I love you" first?
I honestly can't remember. How terrible is that? Possibly him? He's so much better at remembering this stuff!
Update: I am vindicated. He does not remember either!

7. Who is taller?
He is, by almost 9" (and no, there isn't a dirty joke in there...)

8. Who sings better?
Ooh, definitely him. I'm going to completely embarrass him now, but he was a soprano when he was a boy. Shhhh... It's a secret.

9. Who is smarter?
I'd have to say we're pretty evenly matched. My formal education was broader, his was more focused on a specific subject. However he reads more current events magazines and newspapers, while I read more fiction and non-fiction. I'm probably more street-smart while he has more business acumen.

Like I said, we're pretty evenly matched.

10. Whose temper is worse?
Ooh, once upon a time I would have said mine was worse, as mine flares up and down fairly quickly (especially when driving). However, since Mr Babbler started his own company and became a manager to many employees, I'd say his is probably now worse.

11. Who does the laundry?
Whoever needs clean clothes first, or gets irritated first by the massive piles. I, though, am responsible for Peanut's laundry.

12. Who takes out the garbage?
This falls squarely in his range. I change significantly more diapers, so he gets the garbage. It's only fair, really.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
From the bed's perspective, I do. I just can't read when I'm lying on my left side, probably because I'm left handed.

14. Who pays the bills?
He does, but I manage the budget (when I actually get around to it that is. Ahem.)

15. Who is better with the computer?
I think we're probably actually fairly even on this. He is better about things like networking, but I'm pretty good about finding software solutions.

16. Who mows the lawn?
He does, but I'm convinced this is part of his escape plan. "Sooo honey, I need to mow the lawn this afternoon. Of course, I need to go to Home Depot first, for, um, something." Does this happen in anyone else's house, or just mine?

17. Who cooks dinner?
Most of the time this is my job, as Mr Babbler gets home from work too late.

18. Who drives when you are together?
Me, me, me. He doesn't really like driving all that much, so this is my job. I guess it balances out the mowing of the lawn and taking out the garbage.

19. Who pays when you go out?
He does, chivalrous man that he is, although it all comes from the same place.

20. Who is most stubborn?
I'd say him. He can stay in a snit hold a grudge longer than I can. I seem to be unable to hold a grudge no matter how much someone pisses off. It's quite ridiculous, really.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong?
Who me? Wrong? Never!

22. Whose parents do you see the most?
His. All this isn't difficult due to my appalling "family".

23. Who kissed who first?
Ah, this one I do remember, as it was completely mutual. Sitting on top of a rooftop patio, something just clicked and bang! We were kissing (to the complete horror shock of his friend who was along with us. Perhaps this was because we weren't actually dating as of yet. Or something like that.)

24. Who asked who out?
There really wasn't any official asking out, per se. It's a long story involving evil boyfriends, horrific girlfriends and two people who were too blind to see what was right in front of their noses. Suffice it to say eventually we finally figured it out and one day we were friends and then another day we were just together. It was just meant to be.

25. Who proposed?
He did. It was all very sweet, and involved nerves, a moonlit beach and a dead fish.

26. Who is more sensitive?
I'm a delicate flower! He's a gentle butterfly!

27. Who has more friends?
I'd have to say him, although I have all you good internet-folk.

28. Who has more siblings?
I do. He has one sibling, I have a menagerie of siblings, half siblings, step-siblings, and foster siblings. I tend to think he got the better deal.

29. Who wears the pants in the family?
Peanut, of course!


15 comments:

flutter said...

what a sweetheart and cute to boot!

painted maypole said...

golly, he's cute.

dead fish? oh, do tell....

bubandpie said...

You gotta love the younger man. Of course, my hubby is 4.5 years younger than I am, so I took a more extreme approach to that concept.

Emily R said...

# 16? All houses.

Julie Pippert said...

You know you must elaborate on 25.

And my guy is the more stubborn (although he'd say I was, just proving my point LOL).

Julie
Using My Words

crazymumma said...

#16 is very familiar.

He's a bit of a dish isn't he?

Don Mills Diva said...

He looks like a cutie!And #16 - ding, ding, ding. My hubby admits if they served booze in Home Depot he would never leave.

Beck said...

You have a handsome fella.
ANd I love hearing about how people got together - the inevitableness of it!

Mac and Cheese said...

I really need to hear about this appalling "family" of yours one day.

SciFi Dad said...

Seriously... a dead fish?

(and I'd be interested in hearing how your "appalling" family compares to my in-laws)

Lisa b said...

your kiss story is SO cute.
and #7 is totally dirty. How did I miss that and the one about the kid wearing that pants. duh.

L.P. said...

funny...i'm totally the #16 person in our relationship(minus the genious trips to home depot)puh-leeze thank mr. babbler for the great idea!

KC said...

Yes, the dead fish is a unique twist to the beach-setting proposal.

We had a fortune cookie whose fortune read "Strike while the iron is hot."

You can't argue with that!

Kelly Malloy said...

I love the younger man thing too! Hubby is 2 years younger than me.

Sober Briquette said...

This is one of my favorite memes. So there. Glad you did it.

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness