Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Me me, all about me(me)!

I was tagged by the always interesting Megan over at Reflections in the Snow Covered Hills for the seven random facts about yourself meme.

First, the rules
  • Link to your tagger and post the rules.
  • Share seven facts about yourself, some random and some weird.
  • Tag seven people at the end of the post and list their names.
  • Let them know they were tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Alright. Seven random things about me? How hard can it be...

1. I can't sleep without something covering me. It doesn't matter what it is, but if I'm not covered neck to toe by something - a blanket, a sheet, even a jacket if necessary - I can't sleep. I can be completely comfortable on the couch, but without something covering me, sleep will not come. Even on the hottest days of summer, something must cover me.

2. In relation to #1, while I can't sleep without something covering me this does not extend to the wearing of socks. Wearing socks while sleeping is bad bad bad news. The only exception to this rule is when camping, but it doesn't make me happy.

3. I hate the texture of popsicle sticks. I will go to incredible lengths to avoid licking or scraping my teeth down a popsicle stick, often forgoing a popsicle in favor of the less offensive freezie. If pressed to eat something on a stick I'll go to great lengths to avoid those last few bites, often flipping the popsicle of the stick so I don't have to bite the stick. And people that chew the stick? What is the matter with you?! I'm not sure what it is exactly that I find so offensive, but truly it is like nails on a chalk board to me. Even the mere thought of scraping my teeth on a popsicle stick weeges me right out. Blehhhh.... Oddly, Mr Babbler shares this same affliction. Perhaps that's how we knew we were destined for each other.

4. Are we only at 4? I dropped out of highschool in the first semester of grade 12. I was three credits away from graduating, seventeen years old, holding down a nearly full-time job and living on my own.
Surprised? I couldn't relate to the teachers, the students or the whole high school situation, as my life was so drastically different. I was most definitely not ready for university. I spent a semester off working full time and saving money. I went back to school part time for my last year at an independent learning school that was the best experience of my life. I went to university the following year, a much better person for the whole experience.

5. I'm short. Very short. Think under 5" short.

6. I am ridiculously cheap. That's not to say I have cheap taste, I just have the most difficult time paying full price for anything and will out-wait all stores to get an item cheaper than retail. Electronics stores? I am the queen of open box. Children's clothing? Sales, further discounts and coupons combined with trade boards and consignment stores. Books? Used book stores, book sales and my previous employer discount. (This is the one place where I will bend my rules a bit, although I do have a discount card). Oh, and I love craigslist (and I get to feel better about my purchases, because we are reusing!)

7. Last last last (tapping keyboard in impatience, sighing deeply). I have a pathological inability to remember names. I try, really I do, but somehow they just slip away into the abyss. I'll leave a job, and two years later I won't be able to rem
ember the name of the person the next department over. It's really quite embarrassing. Unless I talk to you regularly (or visit your blog, rest assured), there is a good possibility that I've forgotten your name. It makes introductions and random meetings in public places really stressful.

Phew. That was harder than I expected. Okay, here are the tags:

Roz of Chez Roz
Den of
Work + Play ≠ Dull Boy
crazymumma
Mad Hatter of Under the Mad Hat
painted maypole
beck of Frog and Toad are Still Friends
flutter

... you're it. If you're not interested in playing (or have been tagged a dozen times before and enough with the damn memes already) no harm, no foul. (I do, though, admit to a certain fascination/curiousness/all out nosiness.) I'll be by to give you the heads up!


17 comments:

flutter said...

ooooh! You are itsy bitsy. probably easy to cover you head to toe to sleep, hmm? *wink*

Denguy said...

Re your first item: I, too, need to be covered to sleep. I have a hard time in the heat as I hate to be hot when I sleep, but, still, I must be covered.

I'm sure I've already done this meme.

Denguy said...

Okay, upon further review, I have completed the "8 Things About You" meme, so I guess I'll do the Seven now. (Well, not now--later in the week.)

Julie Pippert said...

#s 1 and 6 here too!

Cool list!!

Julie
Using My Words

jen said...

little covered sockless girl.

i like it.

Jan said...

I so get the popscicle stick thing.

DaniGirl said...

I love to chew popsicle sticks! But, people who chew ice cubes should be herded up and shipped to live in isolation in Antarctica.

Mad Hatter said...

Wow! We have a lot in common.
1, 2, 5 (except that I am just over 5'), 6 and 7. Holy moley!!! And what was your name again?

Thanks for the tag. I'll get to it soon but I have another post lined up first.

Suzanne said...

I am so with you on 1, 2, and 7. What was your name again?

Karen said...

I had to do one of those last week. It's harder than it seems, no?? Anyway, found your blog by accident, but have enjoyed looking around. Thanks for a good read.

Beck said...

We share:
1
But not 2. Socks in bed are GOOD. I have special bed socks. WHich makes me SUPER sexy.
3. Oh God. Yeah.
4. I flunked out of university. Twice.
5. I am SO much taller than you!
6. I am cheap, cheap, cheap.
7. I'm not bad.

Lisa b said...

# 3 and #6 I am EXACTLY the same
the oddest thing is that I hate popsicle sticks but it has never, ever occurred to me to share that with anyone. Each time I have a popsicle I try,unsuccessfully, not to be grossed out by the stick because I know it is so weird.

you look taller on your blog.

Ms. Porter said...

I just came over to your blog after reading a comment at Chez Roz...I'm thinking I will be stopping by more often.

Other than height, we are similar in all other ways...at least according to the list. I was gagging when I read about the popsicle sticks, and I have to be covered to sleep and I hate sleeping in socks...and I am so bad at remembering names that I now just tell people this bit about myself when I first meet someone new.

painted maypole said...

i chew on the popsicle sticks. sorry. I just like to bite down on things that don't break. It's weird, I know.

Thanks for the tag. I actually did this just a few weeks ago:
here

but if I'm feeling stumped I may do it again!

Mad Hatter said...

done

kittenpie said...

I need to be covered, too, but I don't mind socks. I am very cheap about soem things, not about others. It depends on the thing. BUt I tend to chew popsicle sticks until they splinter. Ahem. I may have been a rodent once.

regina said...

#3. Popsicle sticks. Totally with you on that. Like biting down on foil. blech! I love how so many others are apparently equally repulsed by this! :)

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness