Saturday, October 4, 2008

A random question of semantics?

Here's a question:

How can you be proud that your child has made the decision to have their baby, when you believe, fundamentally, that that choice should not exist in the first place - not in the case of rape or incest, and certainly not in the case of 17-year-old girls who have been raised on a (failed) diet of abstinence-only education?

This woman has said many things I find troubling, amusing or maddening, but for some reason this is the one that proves the greatest irritation to me.



12 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you.

Mouse said...

She makes it sound like there was discussion, when her daughter either started with this idea (because she has been raised to believe in no other choice) or was told that was her choice. Only one of many things that worries me horrifically about her possibly becoming VP (especially with the man who would be the oldest elected president).

daysgoby said...

Amen.

crazymumma said...

It helps me to know, that when I look at her, I recognize that she is completely batshit crazy.

jen said...

what CM said, exactly.

Lisa b said...

go watch the SNL debate. You will feel better.
Marriage is an institution between two unwilling teenagers...

mamatulip said...

Echoing CM's thoughts.

And Lisa's. I nearly shot chocolate milk out my nose when I watched the SNL debate parody.

No Mother Earth said...

Well, now I have to go watch the SNL debate..

caramama said...

Well said!

ewe are here said...

This has ALWAYS bothered me since her daughter's pregnancy and "choice" was announced.

Absolutely maddening.

Denguy said...

"...it shows the Republican Party is a real American party."

Oh, how that makes me laugh!

kgirl said...

there is so much about her that is troubling.

 

BLITHELY BABBLING © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness